[csw-maintainers] call for apache2 testing

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 30 04:33:10 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I've placed what I think is a working set of apache2 packages in my
experimental catalog.  The changes noted previously (package split
re-org, alternatives, etc) still stand with a few other changes added:

1. Dummy packages are provided for ap2_prefork and apache2rt.  Other
   packages depend on these, so unfortunately they'll still live for a
   while longer.  We're still I with apache2c and ap2_worker

2. I've added a new CAS, cswap2mod, that will toggle the
   enabled/commented state of a module in httpd.conf.  This is
   demonstrated in the ap2_suexec package (which used
   postinstall/preremove scripts for this previously).

3. #2 above requires the updated cswclassutils also in my catalog.

Any testing you can provide is appreciated.  I'd prefer that this
update not blow up web servers. :)

Thanks