[csw-maintainers] Catalog generation date information in catalog/pkgutil?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 13 20:10:01 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Wed Apr 13 13:55:54 -0400 2011:

> wget preserves the timestamp, though... ?

It can do that, but you're relying implicitly on a whole chain of
things there.  I think it would be better to use an explicit value as
stored in the catalog directly.  (Not the only way as you note, but I
think it's better...and since it would be almost no cost...)

> Quite possibly. but we still have the more important higher level
> need, of informing the user somehow, "value X is the latest".

Agreed.

Thanks