[csw-maintainers] thoughts on a dependency

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 19 21:01:04 CEST 2011

Hi All,

Polling the audience here to see what others think.  I'm evaluating
bacula for use here so I'm going to update the (really stale) version
in our catalog.  Bacula requires mysql (or pg or sqlite) to run.  The
old version used mysql and I see no reason to change that.  So, mysql
is a dependency but mysql could be run on a separate host.  The old
package didn't depend on CSWmysql.  Should the update?

I'm leaning toward no (status quo) as there is still a pile of manual
config to do with this thing anyway.  If things could be seamlessly
added to mysql like in debian (with their magic accounts) I'd be
tempted to make the dependency direct...

Does anyone think otherwise?

Thanks