[csw-maintainers] Technical Summercamp in Kiel 2011

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 1 13:50:14 CEST 2011

2011/7/6 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
> Hi folks,
>
> time is passing and I would like to invite everybody to add their available time slots
> to the doodle poll:
>  http://doodle.com/ewfzuze75afweueq
>
> I removed the early dates within holidays as there were anyway nobody interested and
> added September. Please update soon as about 4 weeks in advance is needed for hotel
> booking etc.

>From the current state of the poll it looks like the optimal date is
the weekend of 17-18 September 2011. So far, 7 people responded to the
poll. I thought we could personally invite some maintainers to the
summercamp.  There might be people who just didn't think about coming.
 At the same time, our project is at relatively large changes (the
automatic process), so the more people are there to discuss the future
direction, the better.

To extend the appeal to all maintainers - if you are an OpenCSW
package maintainer, please consider coming over to the OpenCSW
Summercamp in Kiel!  Even if you maintain only a couple of packages,
or you're a new maintainer, come and meet others!  Knowing other
maintainers will make your participation in the project easier and
more fun!  Just by osmosis, you will learn a lot about our build
system, infrastructure, and things you didn't know existed.  More
importantly, you'll get to know personally other maintainers.  While
it might not seem that significant, it is!  Email is inherently very
low bandwidth; getting to know people lays the shared background
necessary for effective day to day email communication.  Lastly, other
maintainers want to get to know you.  I am coming to Kiel, and I want
to meet you!  I'm sure that other maintainers want the same.  So, get
to know others, come to Kiel!  I'm looking forward to seeing you
there!

To get started, look at the doodle poll above and select the dates that fit you.