[csw-maintainers] Help for newbie creating a new package

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 3 15:27:13 CEST 2011

2011/8/3 Jesse Reynolds <jesse at opencsw.org>:

> 2011/8/3 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>
>>
>> 2011/8/3 Jesse Reynolds <jesse at opencsw.org>:
>> > Thanks. Alas now I get a syntax error on ld - doesn't like -xn...
>>
>> This happens when CFLAGS get passed to the C++ compiler.  If you set
>> the flags correctly and it happens, then might be a bug in gperf.
>
> Right. But this is from the GAR example on the wiki, version 3.0.3 of gperf
> which presumably used to work at some
> point. http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/ExplainedGperf

The check set in checkpkg is continuously updated, and build recipes
that looked good so far, might start triggering errors.

This particular error is not serious, you could override it. However,
if you set a variable and it doesn't propagate well, it means that
either there's something wrong with the gperf build system and it
doesn't process the environment properly, or you don't have the full
understanding of how the build works.

Just to double-check: did you notice the difference between -norunpath
and -xnorunpath?