[csw-maintainers] moving along...

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 4 17:59:25 CEST 2011

2011/8/2 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> 1. Mantis integration.

I will take that part. The rough plan is to write an integration job
which will pull data from the buildfarm db via a RESTful interface
(which we control) and stuff data into the bugtracker using XML RPC...

...but there is a problem with XML RPC: we're running an old version
of Mantis with broken XML RPC interface. We need to upgrade...

...but there is a problem with the upgrade: Mantis is not written for
the number of projects that we have. It is meant to handle a two digit
number of projects, and we have a four digit one. If we just upgrade
to the newest Mantis, our bugtracker will stop working, there will be
page timeouts. Our currently deployed version of mantis has been
patched to optimize and make it work with the number of projects that
we have. Unfortunately, these patches have not been pushed upstream,
and they don't apply any more to the newer Mantis, so we need to start
over again with profiling and writing patches.

So this is where I'll start. Here are the notes about the mantis
speedup project. Sebastian has already done a fair bit of work there.

http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-mantis-speedup