[csw-maintainers] how the catalog signing works

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Aug 5 12:25:59 CEST 2011

2011/7/23 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> The monitor cannot currently emit email so the sign of breakage at the
> 3 day interval will be that the generate-unstable script will die when
> the signature fails.  Dago (at least) should get an email in this
> situation.

What should happen when signing fails - should catalog generation stop
and the result not be pushed to the mirror, or should it continue and
publish an unsigned catalog?  I was thinking that for unstable, it
could publish unsigned catalogs, but for named releases, it should
stop.

By the way, the signing script has currently stopped working, and I've
made a change that makes it continue and publish an unsigned catalog.
I don't mean that it should be the target state.  I did it to be able
to continue working on libgmp and libmpfr.