[csw-maintainers] how the catalog signing works

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Aug 5 14:21:55 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Maciej Bliziński's message of Fri Aug 05 06:25:59 -0400 2011:

> What should happen when signing fails - should catalog generation
> stop and the result not be pushed to the mirror, or should it
> continue and publish an unsigned catalog?  I was thinking that for
> unstable, it could publish unsigned catalogs, but for named
> releases, it should stop.

Well, yes, I thought that it should trigger the 'set -e' and modified
the catalog generation step accordingly.  If we want different
policies for unstable vs named release, that's fine with me.

> By the way, the signing script has currently stopped working, and
> I've made a change that makes it continue and publish an unsigned
> catalog.  I don't mean that it should be the target state.  I did it
> to be able to continue working on libgmp and libmpfr.

I've re-activated the passphrase in gpg-agent so they should run
signed again.

When Dago is back, we'll get mail notifications going.

Thanks