[csw-maintainers] web visibility of packages

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 8 11:30:26 CEST 2011

2011/8/8 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> The assumption behind the way mantis integration was handled in the
> past, is that there is only one catalog ('current').  What if we had
> e.g. package foo, released by maintainer A to testing and by
> maintainer B to unstable?  Perhaps we should for now assume that there
> is only one catalog ('unstable'), against which bugs are filed.  Even
> if maintainer A is the person who released the package to testing,
> it's the maintainer B who is the person actively working on the
> package.

There's probably not much to gain from having the mapping for, e.g.,
the stable maintainer, if that maintainer is currently active he will
most likely just refer the bug to the unstable maintainer anyway. I
think all mappings should be to the unstable catalog since that's
where stuff is happening currently.

The package browser should be able to display all variants of arch and
catalog, I've always thought that was a weakness with the current one.
James Lee's browser can do that but only by choosing an entry point, I
think it would be nicer if we just used a table to display the
variants on the same page.

But the most important thing for me is when can we expect catalog
updates again for current? Last I heard it was e-mail lacking from the
signing host, Dago is now back. Or is that for Ihsan to take care of?

/peter