[csw-maintainers] [offtopic] git presentation

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 17 01:57:18 CEST 2011

Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Tue Aug 16 19:42:13 -0400 2011:

Hi All,

> besides the things already mentioned by others, and the obvious "first
> commit then get in others commits" workflow:
> # how to change history, ammend to commit, rebase
> # how to undo a / any command.
> # how to develop a feature (branch or clone or whatever)
> # if people from large svn installations are there, submodules
> # use a client like gitg

Thanks for a great set of responses.  It's nice to get a sense of how
others perceive this.  This will help me target the presentation such
that I can hopefully give people a good introduction to git and maybe
save a few toes from being stubbed.

Much appreaciated!

Thanks