[csw-maintainers] Reasons for gcc to have a separate prefix

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Aug 26 02:21:40 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Maciej Bliziński's message of Thu Aug 25 07:23:26 -0400 2011:

Hi Maciej,

> Do you recall the reasons to compile gcc into a different prefix,
> and do you think these reasons still apply today?

I'd definitely love to see gcc move into /opt/csw.  Alternatives
should make this possible.  A symlink from /opt/csw/gcc4 -> /opt/csw
should be provided if such a move is ever attempted though so that
things with the path coded in continue working.