[csw-maintainers] Ganglia (k)stats: per-CPU and per-disk IO

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Fri Dec 9 17:06:03 CET 2011

I've put together some modules that use kstat to obtain the following:

- per-core CPU metrics (based on the existing libmetrics/solaris code)

- per-disk IO statistics, including average service time, wait time,
IOps, etc

I'd appreciate any feedback from people who try them.

Code is here:

    https://sourceforge.net/p/gmod-solaris/home/

and binaries/packages are already available on OpenCSW:

    http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#ganglia-modules-solaris

This code is largely inspired by code I've seen in other parts of
Ganglia.

Also, I would like to try and find someone else with an interest in
Solaris to be a joint admin on the Sourceforge page.