[csw-maintainers] Including -R in pkg-config files

Rafael Ostertag raos at opencsw.org
Sun Dec 11 10:23:29 CET 2011

Hi Guys

I got a bug report (http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/view.php?id=4437) where
there is a complain that 'pkg-config --libs' does not include the '-R' flag in
the output.

Now, I would like to know the policy on this, i.e. do we adjust the .pc files
to include the -R flag or is it the user's (user as in somebody thirdparty
linking against our libs) responsibility to add it to the compiler flags? For
us, since we are using gar, this does not pose a problem, I guess.

Any pointers on this greatly appreciated.

Cheers
rafi