[csw-maintainers] Drop koffice_gcc ?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 22 18:24:42 CET 2011

Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Wed Dec 21 15:59:42 -0500 2011:

> Looks like it is going a bit bigger than I had anticipated: the
> large CSWkdegcc package depended on koffice_gcc, thus my removal
> broke a dependency. I would like to remove the other old KDE stuff
> also, but as there are quite some packages I would like to bring
> this to maintainers@ first. It is specifically about the package
> dependencies here: http://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWkdegcc/

So you're wanting to remove kdegcc and everything that it depends on?
Or will you just remove kdegcc?  If the former, that will cascade into
removing things like amorok, etc when the dependency chain is
followed.

I'm not opposed to this but it will be a big action.

Thanks