[csw-maintainers] Catalog checks via REST

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 29 21:17:06 CET 2011

2011/12/29 Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org>:
> 2011/12/29 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
>> I'm not sure if ckcat can generate emails when necessary while keeping
>> silent when there's nothing interesting to say.
>
> Chkcat can be run with --erroronly which supresses all warnings or
> with --quiet which only returns an exit code of 0 for OK, 1 for
> warnings found or 2 for errors found.

What about sending emails? chkcat doesn't know anything about emails,
so it needs either a wrapper, or an extension. You might also want to
send only one email from a series from runs. For example, when you
check the unstable catalog, you run it {sparc,x86}×{5.8,5.9,5.10,5.11}
= 8 times. If there's a problem, the same problem will be present in
most of the catalogs. In such case, you don't want to send 8 emails,
but only 1 email (with a summary). Someone has to sit down and solve
this before we can have meaningful reports on the mailing list.