[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] Shared library placement proposal

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Feb 8 01:51:50 CET 2011

On 2/7/11, Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> I've updated the wiki page, adding a reference to RFC 2119.

no, please dont "make a reference to rfcs". Our standards should be
self-contained.
Please take the appropriate section, write it in normal-people
language as much as possible, and put it on our own pages.

in the interests of time, here is a concrete example for you:
Usage of standard words in our standards documents:

"Must" - means every package is required to be this way

"Should" - means that under normal circumstances, packages are
expected to be this way, with occassional exceptions with
justifications allowed

"May" - draws attention to an optional feature, which, even though it
is not common, is explicitly allowed