[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] Policy-team

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Feb 8 15:29:24 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

>> In my opinion, there should be a *minimum* of 1 week discussion
>> period, for all policy decisions.
>>
>> If it isnt important enough to reserve a week's period of time for
>> discussion for it, then it
>> doesnt belong as "policy" in the first place.
>
> Policy is not only enforcement but also agreement.

You made a true statement there, but I'm not sure on which side of the
issue you mean it to be. So I will expand on my original email to say:
agreement is good. *informed*, *well thought out* agreement is better.
So, especially given that not all people read their email every day,
it is better to give room for that, with a 1 week minimum discussion
period for policy.