[csw-maintainers] /usr/{local,share} references

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 8 18:51:04 CET 2011

I've spent some time researching the scale of /usr/{local,share}
references.  I've re-indexed our catalog and compiled a list of all
files that currently trigger this error:

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/~maciej/files-with-bad-content.html

The numbers are: 4010 occurrences of /usr/local and 1564 occurences of
/usr/share.

Some people probably already had worked with their packages cleaning
up /usr/{local,shared} references.  What are your thoughts about it,
given the number of occurrences of this issue in our catalog, is the
benefit worth the effort?