[csw-maintainers] [policy] GPG Signing Key handling

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 9 09:38:58 CET 2011

Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> writes:

> The GPG signing key is an important asset for OpenCSW.  As a member of
> OpenCSW, you are asked to make three yes or no selections, one per
> board position, to indicate which, if any, of the board positions you
> feel should hold a copy of the key.  Selecting yes for a position
> indicates that you feel this position (and consequently the person
> holding this position from year to year) should be responsible for
> holding a copy of the key.  Selecting no indicates that you do not
> want this position to hold the key.

The GPG signing key is the asset of the OpenCSW foundation.
The representatives of the foundation are the 3 board main members.
Consequently it should be held by them.

I think that today we have the following situation: the previous
president of the foundation and a non member of the foundation hold the
GPG signing key. This is unacceptable. I cannot resist the caricature of
this: as if George W. Bush and Kim Jong Il holds exclusively the nuclear
codes of the United States.
--
Peter