[csw-maintainers] Shared library placement proposal

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Feb 9 16:14:17 CET 2011

2011/2/8 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:

> The text doesn't use the "a library or a symlink to it" expression
> each time, because if we started to do this in every case where
> symlinks could be used, the policy would be rather unreadable.

Perhaps we need to take a very different wording style, rather than
attempting to just make small changes.
Something like,
"The library needs to have a presence in /opt/csw/lib"
or "the library needs to be linkable with -L/opt/csw/lib."

Although personally, i think if we just settle the issue of symlinks
now vs later, then the writing will be simpler.