[csw-maintainers] /usr/{local,share} references

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 10 02:54:21 CET 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue Feb 08 17:01:16 -0500 2011:

> Well, I would certainly prefer that people manually inspect and
> replace.

Or, manually inspect and _not_ replace.  That is possibly a valid
option in some cases.  I'm with Dago on this.  Manual inspection is a
must.  Checkpkg will point out problem files, so it's not even a
matter of grepping the source tree by hand now.

> But for those people whining that this takes too much effort, the
> above provides an almost effortless alternative.

I don't think anyone has complained about the effort involved.  The
complaints were centred around the how suddenly this check came into
sight.

> That's nice that yaz "does the right thing" for 99%.  Nothing wrong
> with csw-specific patching for that "one path" that they dont know
> how to autoconf either though.

Correct.  And we (I'll take a look when I have a chance) can possibly
help with the autoconf-foo to make it right by default too.

Thanks