[csw-maintainers] p flag in package file version strings

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Feb 14 02:40:39 CET 2011

Excerpts from William Bonnet's message of Sun Feb 13 18:41:13 -0500 2011:

Hi William,

> Please, would it be possible to wait a few days before pushing to
> catalog the first packages including this flag ?

Fine with me.  The gettext stuff needs a bit of tire kicking before it
goes out the door anyway.

> Committing build descriptions in GAR using this flag may also create
> side effects on QA and uWatch results. I would like to add this
> flags to unit testing.

I don't think this will both the QA/uWatch stuff, although I haven't
looked at your code.  The variable turns on an SPKG_ value that takes
this flag into account now and leaves room for others to be easily
added in the future.  It's not touching the actual VERSION string
directly at any point.

Thanks