[csw-maintainers] [policy] GPG Signing Key handling

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 18 09:14:25 CET 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Wed Feb 16 23:47:53 -0500 2011:

Hi Phil,

> A writeup of a topic with two equal sides, where people on one side
> think it is "good", and people on the other think it is "not good",
> is pretty much a textbook example of "unfair and biased".

The problem with your text is that it's equivalent to having someone
stand at the polling booth arguing for one cadidate.  It's not
unbiased text as it 'leads' the voter in one direction, putting a
thought pattern in place as they read the ballot.  I added the text
that indicates that granting a key is irrevocable, which is already
leaning in this direction.  If you want more 'doom and gloom' text,
that's going too far.

> You are abusing your power in the voting realm. again.

I didn't see any other member chime in saying they thought this text
was necessary.  I'm willing to be flexible on this and I think I
already have.  I'll run this past folks at the camp today and if there
is any support for it, I'll add it.

Thanks