[csw-maintainers] retire ipaudit, or take over by someone?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Feb 25 16:03:19 CET 2011

A filename conflict in CSWipaudit has been found, with a newer package.
ipaudit is a very old package. Its maintainer has retired.
I'm seeing if anyone is interested in taking over the package, (and
renaming/moving the conflicting file) or whether we should just remove
it from the catalog.
It seems like a useful package, but it has not had an update upstream
in years, either.

"IPAudit can be used to monitor network activity for a variety of
purposes. It has proved useful for monitoring intrusion detection,
bandwith consumption and denial of service attacks. It can be used
with IPAudit-Web to provide web based network reports."

http://ipaudit.sourceforge.net/