[csw-maintainers] maintainer summary page

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sat Feb 26 12:17:53 CET 2011

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 26.02.2011 um 11:14 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
>> Looking up my summary page at:
>> http://www.opencsw.org/buglist/maintainer.cgi?maintainer=%27pfelecan%27
>> I observe that the summary section is not sorted by package contrary of
>> the details section.
>>
>> The sorting criteria of the summary section is a concept of "points"
>> which is not explained. I'm very curious of the equation computing
>> the points...
>
> Unfortunately this is only explained on the summary page I hacked
> together some time ago:
>   http://www.opencsw.org/buglist/buglist.cgi
>
> The points are calculated as [severity] * [weight] with
>   Feature -> 1, Trivial -> 10, Text -> 10, Tweak -> 10, Minor -> 10, Major -> 20, Crash -> 20, Block -> 20,
> and
>   New -> 10, Feedback -> 1, Acknowledged -> 5, Confirmed -> 3, Assigned -> 7, Resolved -> 0, Closed -> 0,
>
> It is meant just as a metric for sorting important things first.

Thank you. So this can be considered as a qualitative heuristic? It
could be used for transiting a package from unstable to testing and from
testing to stable.

> William: Maybe the information could better be added to the maintainer
> qa-page?

At least, a reference to the explanation page can be given. No need to
replicate the information on each page. For example, the header of the
summary table can be a hyperlink toward the explanation page.
--
Peter