[csw-maintainers] addition to CSWcommon?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 1 02:12:49 CET 2011

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Fri Dec 31 16:06:19 -0500 2010:

> This is a good point.  The only worry is that the created directory
> might conflict with other existing directories.  This problem is not
> specific to this issue, I just would like checkpkg to give a sane
> suggestion that does not result in one package creating the
> directory as root:bin and another as, say, root:lp.

Might this be a better thing for checkpkg to throw a warning/error
about then?  I'd consider this to be at least as bad as not providing
the directory.  I'm not positive, but I suspect the new whole-catalog
file index that checkpkg is using might make this doable/easy too...?

Thanks