[csw-maintainers] MySQL shared libraries - how about /opt/csw/lib?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Jan 2 21:55:15 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 2:06 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 2 de Janeiro de 2011 01:52, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
>>>Are you serious?  Is that a supported use case?
>>
>> well, there's "supported" , and then there's "users do odd things sometimes" :-)
>>
>> there are also some side benefits, such as, a 'du' on the mysql dir
>> will give accurate results for an admin who wants a quick check on
>> that sort of thing.  there's probably other small benefits like that I
>> haven't thought about long enough to come up with.
>
> That's the problem: once you're committed to one solution over
> another, you have a tendency to keep on finding as many "reasons" for
> it as you like.  I'm sure that if you thought for a minute, you would
> come up with an equal number of arguments for the opposite solution.

well, how about _you_ think for a minute and see if you can actually
match your claims of "sure"ness then?
Your timer starts now. go!

60...
59...
58...

:)

Come on now, what you wrote is completely out of order.
Either come up with reasons, or let it go. you cant have a valid
argument with your statements above.
And putting the word "reasons" in quotes, is playing semantic games,
instead of discussing the issue rationally.
either they are valid reasons, or they are not.
Putting "" around them doesnt make them any more, or less, valid.
Deal with the reasons on their merits, please? Let's have a factual
comparison of arguments for each way.