[csw-maintainers] ITP: opencsw-policy

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jan 3 17:53:13 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sun Jan 02 19:36:00 -0500 2011:
>
> I'm happy to have a vote on this issue in a day or two (many people
> will just be waking up from the holiday slumber) if nobody puts
> forward another option.  So far, we've got:
>
> 1. asciidoc
> 2. docbook
> 3. latex/tex
> 4. minimalist html
>
>> The only way for everyone to be "fully informed", is to have an apples
>> to apples comparison.
>
> Well, you've called for this side-by-side, which I'm not convinced is
> actually worthwhile, so please don't burden Maciej with this busy
> work.  Rather, go ahead and put together the sample knockups yourself.
> The above four formats would suffice for now unless you'd like to
> extend the list?

This would not be fair. I have no interest in any of the other 3
formats; why should I work on those? Nor would I do a good job of them
if I were, since I have no experience using them.
The fair thing to do, is have the person "championing" each format, be
responsible, for putting together the sample for "their" format.
I'll be happy to put together the minimalist html version.

There is the remaining issue first, of "what document layout shall we
use as the example?"

I think this should be the responsibility of "The Secretary", or
possibly our web admin(s). But I would be willing to do that
additional work if they are not. It will just take longer if I do it.