[csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jan 4 01:11:26 CET 2011

On 1/2/11, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Sat Jan 01 12:59:01 -0500 2011:
>
>> 2. a standardized mechanism to propagate all the stuff created by
>>    our packages on the NFS client's /var/opt/csw.
>
> I think this is important.  A postinstall script works for the package
> at install time, but really doesn't benefit the admins who want to
> replicate this to an NFS client.

Just to appropriately "cross link" email threads....
good news... my new cswcptemplates class, exactly addresses this need.

So if it works as intended, delivering stub files into var/opt, will
be as easy as
declaring the file as:

f cswcptemplates /opt/csw/etc/templates/CSWblah/var/opt/csw/blahfile.db
Add as many template files in as you wish, this way.

(and adding cswcptemplates to the CLASS line, of course)

during pkgadd, class will copy the above file to  /var/opt/csw/blahfile.db,
if and only if that file does not already exist.

AAAND... for admins who deploy via NFS or whatever, they can just run
the script manually, with the small additional hassle of specifying
the PKG name on the command line.
eg:

PKG=CSWblah i.cswcptemplates

and it will "do the right thing".

Hrrm... Although to make it maximally easy for them, (and avoid having
to locally install CSWcas-cptemplates on each box) will have to supply
the script in BOTH
/usr/sadm/install/scripts, and somewhere in /opt/csw.
Need a new dir for copies of class action scripts like this.

/opt/csw/etc/cswclasses/ ?
or /opt/csw/sbin/cswclasses/?  or....?