[csw-maintainers] gar problem building zsh

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 5 10:25:55 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 04.01.2011 um 19:52 schrieb Ben Walton:
> Excerpts from Oliver Kiddle's message of Tue Jan 04 12:42:11 -0500 2011:
>> I get the following error building zsh in gar:
>> /bin/sh: syntax error at line 3: `;' unexpected
>
> I see that this recipe still has a call to 'admfiles'[1] in it.  I think
> this was broken a while back...Try replacing:
>
> DISTFILES += $(call admfiles,CSWzsh,postinstall postremove)
>
> with:
>
> DISTFILES += CSWzsh.postinstall CSWzsh.postremove

Oliver: You are trying to modify /etc/shells in your postinstall/postremove.
It would be even better to use the "build" CAS from bash:
  http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/bash/trunk/Makefile

...and even better would be to add the shell-modification as CAS
in OpenCSW-style and just pass the line with the shell to be added/removed.

> Let me know if that doesn't work.
>
> Thanks
> -Ben
>
> [1] We should likely either remove this function or turn it into an
>    $(error).

We can safely remove explicit gspec-support from GAR.