[csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 9 01:03:06 CET 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sat Jan 08 18:24:07 -0500 2011:

> unfairly worded ballots, can unfairly bias voting.

Understood.  I tried to write this in am impartial manner.

> As a general principle, it is usually a good idea to have someone
> from each side of an issue review the wording, before an official
> vote on an issue is opened.

Noted; I'll do this next time.  I did run this wording past Maciej and
Ihsan.  In the meantime, here are the ballot options, since this isn't
a secret:

1. Files and directories are allowed to be delivered to /var/opt/csw
   directly by the prototype of a package.

2. Directories may be delivered to /var/opt/csw by the prototype of a
   package, but files may not.

3. Neither files nor directories may be delivered to /var/opt/csw by
   the prototype of a package.

Thanks