[csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 9 11:02:49 CET 2011

On 06/01/11, 08:34:33, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote regarding
Re: [csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw:

> We discussed all this on the submit mailing list (look for the "newpkgs
> clamav, libclam6, libclam6_devel" thread starting at

http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/pkgsubmissions/2010-November/001501.h
tml,
> continued at

http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/pkgsubmissions/2010-December/001659.h
tml
> since October.

> You had at least 5 people giving their view on this subject, among them
> 2 members of the current board. Why do you want specifically the opinion
> of the board members? The other maintainers opinion doesn't count?

Following these external links takes us to clamav.  My opinion is clamav
shouldn't be delivering the user databases at all so the question of
where this package delivers them is void.  I'm not asking for any change
to clam (my opinion didn't count, the maintainer's opinion was clear and
I now make my own clamav packages with freshclam control), just please
don't use clamav as a case study for /var.

James.