[csw-maintainers] Dependencies on SUNW packages (was: newpkgs libslp1, openslp_devel)

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 9 19:46:22 CET 2011

Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:
>>
>>> if sun's slp libs are unusably out of date, I have no problem with
>>> shipping our own. But shipping our own, when we dont *need* to, is a
>>> huge change in policy and attitude for opencsw.   I think it would
>>> merit a userbase poll.
>>
>> Are you serious? An user base pool? I'm strongly against!
>

> you are strongly against listening to our users?
> an odd sort of attitude.

You're distorting things. Asking for an user base pool is always part of
your strategy of last defense: playing the advocate of the nebulous user
base. If an user has a strong opinion about our maintainceship the best
he has to do is to propose patches and/or to become a maintainer. Of
course, there is the users mailing list, the bug-tracking system that I
read and if the request is reasonable an action follows. A maintenance
decision is a maintainer or group of maintainers decision.

--
Peter