[csw-maintainers] Dependencies on SUNW packages (was: newpkgs libslp1, openslp_devel)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jan 10 00:11:12 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> It's not fair to say that we don't need to.  When libslp is not on the
> filesystem, we do need to, but it's too late.  You can imagine a
> different solution in which you test that certain shared library is
> there before you install a package.  But this needs a coordinated
> effort from both developers of installation utilities, and is not
> likely to be done in a near future.

errr... maybe I'm missing something here. But we already have a
"test"/safety check. it works with pkg-get, pkgutil, and even plain
old
pkgadd.
Declare a dependency on SUNWslpu.

Its always been "allowed" to do so, so we dont have to change any of
our standards to do so.
And it fulfills your "check before install" issue.

What's wrong with that?