[csw-maintainers] [website] procedure/mechanism for proposed changes?

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Thu Jan 13 10:04:26 CET 2011

Hi

> We had a discussion about having versioned control of the content and
> structure and to have a package for the web site. I know that is more
> complicated that it sounds.

I will create a wordpress package when done with uwatch2 coding. Creating packages for php software is not that simple since you can expect stuff like wordpress to be installed several times to different places. At least that's what i like to do ;)

Articles in Wordpress have a kind of configuration management. Wordpress manage articles history and draft/release status. You can come back in history of an article when you want, you can also have an history to what has been modified, and who did the modification.

Finally all php code which is not shipped by wordpress tarball (but the file storing passwords and only password ) is under svn at sf.net

Do we need something else ? Actually the missing part is the wordpress package IMHO

cheers
W.

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net