[csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jan 14 14:21:24 CET 2011

Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Sat Jan 08 16:54:57 -0500 2011:

> The vote is open from the 9th - 13th inclusive.  As with the board
> vote, I have no indication of time zone handling for this, so I made
> it a 4 day window that includes weekend and weekday times.

The results are in:

Files and directories are allowed to be delivered to /var/opt/csw
directly by the prototype of a package. => 8 votes (57%)

Directories may be delivered to /var/opt/csw by the prototype of a
package, but files may not. => 4 votes (28%)

Neither files nor directories may be delivered to /var/opt/csw by the
prototype of a package. => 2 votes (14%)

Phil: please adjust your scripts to allow packages delivering
directories and/or files via the prototype to be allowed through.

Thanks