[csw-maintainers] Unifying cvs and cvs_feature?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Jan 14 19:14:36 CET 2011

On 1/14/11, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at the moment we have two CVS packages:
>
>   cvs         1.11.23 in /opt/csw
>   cvs_feature 1.12.13 in /opt/csw/cvs_feature
>
> I did a brief search on the web if there is a compelling reason to
> ship those two different version but have found no real indication.
> As I am no hardcode user I would like to ask if anyone has a strong
> opinion on keeping these two separate. I have already respun cvs
> packages at
>   http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#cvs
> where cvs will be updated to 1.12.13 and /opt/csw/cvs_feature is
> a link to "." making sure 3rd party scripts depending on
> CSWcvs-feature won't break.

ermm.. would you post more details on how you plan to unify them please?
I for one, dont understand the ramifications of what  you wrote above.
what is the significance of the symlink?
And what if any, is "lost"?
one would presume that "cvs_feature".. has more features. Is this no
longer true?
You said no "compelling" reason. but you dont say they are identical, either.