[csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 17 12:02:13 CET 2011

On 14/01/11, 13:21:24, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw:

> The results are in:

> Files and directories are allowed to be delivered to /var/opt/csw
> directly by the prototype of a package. => 8 votes (57%)

> Directories may be delivered to /var/opt/csw by the prototype of a
> package, but files may not. => 4 votes (28%)

> Neither files nor directories may be delivered to /var/opt/csw by the
> prototype of a package. => 2 votes (14%)

> Phil: please adjust your scripts to allow packages delivering
> directories and/or files via the prototype to be allowed through.

Also please can someone remove the references to supporting NFS share
of /opt/csw (as we now don't), that is eg:

http://www.opencsw.org/about/core-principles/
http://www.opencsw.org/use-it/sharing-optcsw/
http://www.opencsw.org/about/faq/

and probably some others.  Further it would be good to add an additional
note and make an announcement to explain the change in policy.

James.