[csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jan 17 19:54:39 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 3:02 AM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Also please can someone remove the references to supporting NFS share
> of /opt/csw (as we now don't), that is eg:
>
> http://www.opencsw.org/about/core-principles/
> http://www.opencsw.org/use-it/sharing-optcsw/
> http://www.opencsw.org/about/faq/
>

> and probably some others.  Further it would be good to add an additional
> note and make an announcement to explain the change in policy.

Are you referring to some explicit "we dont support this any more"
decision that I missed, or are you saying,
"the recent vote about /var, implies that we dont support it any more"
?

If the latter, I believe that our president said before the most
recent vote, that the "sharing /opt/csw" issue would be decided later,
by a separate, explicit vote.
If so, it would be premature to adjust documentation to remove "we
support sharing /opt/csw"