[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] yaz

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 19 01:25:12 CET 2011

Excerpts from Peter Bonivart's message of Tue Jan 18 18:10:12 -0500 2011:

Hi Phil,

> If you think this /usr/local-thing is worthwhile to do something
> about then do so, round up the packages concerned and start a
> project to fix it but stop prolonging the release process, this is
> not an agreed upon standard.

Peter is right in that you shouldn't enforce a non-existent standard
like this.  His suggestion is both good and useful.  I'd suggest going
one step further: propose that it become policy and see if everyone
(at least the majority) agrees with you.  If so, you've got a reason
to block packages...otherwise you don't.  It's easier for everyone.

I don't think people are disagreeing that removing /usr/local
references is a bad thing, just that they don't like being blocked at
the gate for something that until recently hasn't been an issue.

Thanks