[csw-maintainers] When a shared library needs a data file

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 19 01:41:20 CET 2011

Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Tue Jan 18 08:42:46 -0500 2011:

Hi Maciej,

> I'm leaning toward 2 as for me the advantages overweight the
> inconveniences. IMO, increasing the number of packages is not an
> obstacle to whatever.

I agree with Peter and Dago here.  An extra package is a small price
to pay for the granularity that will pay off later.  I'd never shy
away from an extra split if there is potential for long term win.

I I prefer -common to -magic (as per later discussion) as it's clearer
that the files provided are somehow shared.  If you prefer -magic
though, I wouldn't object too strenuously as it should be a
libmagic-x.y.z shared entity only, no?

Thanks