[csw-maintainers] Duplicate packages in GAR

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 19 16:10:12 CET 2011

Excerpts from William Bonnet's message of Mon Jan 17 02:17:04 -0500 2011:

Hi William,

> Should we allow this or not ? It would be much safer to have a
> single build description for a given package. Of course it is not
> possible to prevent from this at SVN level. But i can modify
> newpkgs-% target so it generates a warning if the package already
> exist in uwatch db, and cron a database test to send warning emails.

As much as possible, this should be avoided.  I'm sure that the
duplication that exists is accidental.  The descriptions should be
merged (or one side discarded, depending).  That would be a job for
the people that added them though (or the current maintainer).

Thanks