[csw-maintainers] /usr/local references, and packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jan 31 19:00:32 CET 2011

On 1/29/11, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> 3. Any reason you've not adopted Maciej's checkpkg?

multiple.

- It's good to have multiple methods of checking for packages issues,
when "what we are checking for" is agreed upon between the two methods
(and it is);
 in case there's a bug in one method, the other way might catch an issue.

- I dont speak python. So when I need to add bender-specific
customizations, or experiment with new checks
(such as, "go look at the local pre-released catalog for
cross-checking"), it's easier for me to do so in the more widespread
language of sh)