[csw-maintainers] amendments and issues with recent prop

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 1 18:17:17 CEST 2011

Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Fri Jul 01 11:12:03 -0400 2011:

Hi Rupert,

> if you want to have a fair result even if you have similar
> possibilities in the selection, one might consider the debian method
> of voting,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloneproof_Schwartz_Sequential_Dropping.

I agree that this would be useful if there were multiple similarly
valid choices, but I don't see that as the case here.

> otherwise opencsw will be called thunderbay, not lakehead :)

Until I read the link, I thought you'd been doing some background
research on me.  I went to Lakehead University in Thunder Bay.  It's a
beautiful part of the country, if a bit cold. :) The drive across the
top of Lake Superior in the fall rivals even the lovely scenery pics I
saw from the technical camp in Norway.

Thanks