[csw-maintainers] experimental: subversion --> git, mercurial

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 13 23:22:59 CEST 2011

2011/6/20 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Sun Jun 19 09:00:55 -0400 2011:
>
> Hi Rupert,
>
>> as an experiment, i tried to convert the subversion gar repository to git
>> and mercurial:
>>  * http://code.google.com/p/gar/ (hg)
>>  * https://github.com/opencsw/gar (git)
>
> I like this! :)  I'm not keen on mercurial given my exposure to it,
> but anything distributed would be a step up.

I agree.  I did check out gar from github today and I would love to
work on git-controlled gar sources.  Does anyone have a good idea how
will we push the code updates back to subversion?  Or can we migrate
off of subversion to github (or git in general) and stop relying on
gar being checked into subversion together with the build
descriptions?