[csw-maintainers] experimental: subversion --> git, mercurial

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Sun Jul 17 13:15:53 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 07:48, rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org> wrote:

> 2011/7/13 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> > 2011/6/20 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> >> Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Sun Jun 19 09:00:55 -0400
> 2011:
> >>
> >> Hi Rupert,

> git
> >>
> >> I like this! :)  I'm not keen on mercurial given my exposure to it,
> >> but anything distributed would be a step up.
> >
> > I agree.  I did check out gar from github today and I would love to
> > work on git-controlled gar sources.  Does anyone have a good idea how
> > will we push the code updates back to subversion?  Or can we migrate
> > off of subversion to github (or git in general) and stop relying on
> > gar being checked into subversion together with the build
> > descriptions?
>
> if one clones the svn repository, attach it to the git repo, then
> synchronization would be possible i gess. checkout (once):
>  git svn clone https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/gar/v2gar
>  cd gar
>  git remote add origin git at github.com:opencsw/gar.git
>
> do changes and commit (regular) :
>  <changes>
>  git push
>  git svn dcommit

when building libserf, not using a standard svn working copy but a git
checkout, it gives:
* Platform solaris9-i386 (built on host 'current9x')
Use of uninitialized value $REVISION in sprintf at gar//bin/mkpackage line
31.
Use of uninitialized value $REVISION in sprintf at gar//bin/mkpackage line
31.
  CSWlibserf0-0
 /home/rupert/pkgs/17.Jul.2011/libserf0_0_stub-1.0.0,REV=2011.07.17-SunOS5.9-all-NOTVERSIONED.pkg.gz
  CSWlibserf1-0
 /home/rupert/pkgs/17.Jul.2011/libserf1_0-1.0.0,REV=2011.07.17-SunOS5.9-i386-NOTVERSIONED.pkg.gz