[csw-maintainers] [csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[15079] csw/mgar/pkg/libserf/trunk/Makefile

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Sun Jul 17 16:13:57 CEST 2011

for three reasons:
1. it did not build with the package split
2. it is a very small package and it adds complexity
3. something broke serf support in subversion a couple of months ago
    and with my restricted knowledge i was not able to upgrade subversion
and serf.

i removed the libserf0-0 obsolete, and now it complains about libserf-devel:
$ csw-upload-pkg pkgs/17.Jul.2011/libserf*
Processing 3 file(s). Please wait.
Checking 2 package(s) against catalog unstable sparc SunOS5.9
Checking 2 package(s) against catalog unstable i386 SunOS5.9
Checking 2 package(s) against catalog unstable sparc SunOS5.10
Checking 2 package(s) against catalog unstable i386 SunOS5.10
All checks successful. Proceeding.
Inserting libserf1_0 (i386 SunOS5.9) into catalog unstable i386 SunOS5.10
Inserting libserf_devel_stub (all SunOS5.9) into catalog unstable i386
SunOS5.10
CRITICAL:root:Response: 406 {"error_message": "There already is a package
with that pkgname: CSWlibserf-devel"}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/csw/bin/csw-upload-pkg", line 596, in <module>
    uploader.Upload()
  File "/opt/csw/bin/csw-upload-pkg", line 172, in Upload
    self._InsertIntoCatalog(filename, arch, osrel, file_metadata)
  File "/opt/csw/bin/csw-upload-pkg", line 375, in _InsertIntoCatalog
    raise RestCommunicationError("%s - HTTP code: %s" % (url, http_code))
__main__.RestCommunicationError:
http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/releases/catalogs/unstable/i386/SunOS5.10/f227ae44170d9dd97d60e1c1c6c934e4/-
HTTP code: 406

in general i'd prefer less complex recipies, which are easy upgradable even
by non-experts ... like me  :)

rupert.