[csw-maintainers] progress report

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 20 04:10:05 CEST 2011

Hi All,

At this point, I'm fairly happy with the gpg signing daemon.  You
should be able to request a signed (with a dummy key) catalog on the
buildfarm by doing:

curl -s
http://192.168.1.40:9981/clearsign/opencsw-future/unstable/i386/5.9

Valid urls for the daemon are:

/(clearsign|detachsign)/(opencsw|opencsw-future)/(unstable|current)/...

Give it a kick and see for yourself.

The code is in a git repository:
gitosis at mirror.opencsw.org:cswsign.git

We don't have gitweb enabled there, but if you want access, I'll add
your public key so you can check it out.  We could host this in the
github/opencsw framework that Rupert has been working on if that's
considered better (likely).

Additionally, I've written a basic script to integrate this feature
with the script that is currently generating the catalogs for
opencsw-future/unstable.  I still need to plug it in, but the basics
are in place now.

The remaining pieces for automated signing are:

1. Enable outbound mail notification from cswsign on the buildfarm.
2. Integrate the generate-catalog script into generate-unstable.
3. Activate.

This will leave two major automation tasks remaining:

1. Mantis integration.
2. Promotion from unstable to current. (depends on 1)

If I understand correctly, Maciej re-integrated current and unstable
before leaving for vacation.  That means that packages newly pushed to
unstable can (when #2 is ready) be promoted as appropriate to current.

This should put us well on the path to automating our release process.

If you've got questions or suggestions about how to proceed with the
automation, please shoot them out here...

Thanks