[csw-maintainers] Problem with update of latest openssh

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Mon Jul 25 11:47:24 CEST 2011

Hi Dago,

Le 25/07/2011 11:09, Dagobert Michelsen a écrit :
> Hi Yann,
>
> hi have some issues with the latest update of OpenSSH in unstable:
>
> 1. Some of the files are not migrated
>
> This is true for the host keys ssh_host_* and sshd_config originally
> located in /etc/ssh/:

No they are migrated from /opt/csw/etc/ssh not /etc/ssh.
Do you also have the migration problem with files from /opt/csw/etc/ssh/ ?

> 2. Error on startup:
>
>> unstable9s# /etc/init.d/cswopenssh start
>> unstable9s# Could not load host key: /etc/opt/csw/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key

This is more a warning, the new elliptic curve algorithm needs a new
host key.
This will not prevent openssh from working with dsa/rsa, but will add
the generation of this new host key in the init script.

> 3. cswopenssh is down after upgrade on Solaris 9 even if it was running before
>
> I remember we talked about daemon autostart (which is false here), but AFAIR
> the run-status of a daemon should be kept after update. Disabling sshd on
> a machine can be nasty if you don't have another of accessing it.
Concerning Solaris 9, we had a discussion and I think the problem was at
this time not in openssh but in some autoenable settings but I will look
into this.
If there is a problem, I suspect it would probably be in the class
action script but I will test this.

Concerning autostart, csw openssh is configured to start at boot. You
would prefer it to be autostarted by default at first install because of
SUN ssh ?

Thanks for having tested the package.

Yann