[csw-maintainers] how to set up a local buildhost?

John Ellson ellson at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 4 21:55:16 CEST 2011

On 06/04/2011 03:42 PM, Philip Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM, John Ellson <ellson at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Now that I have Solaris-10 running on a virtual host locally, is there
>> an easy way I can set it up as a buildhost?
>>
>> If I could do that, I could use it to build the graphviz nightly
>> development snapshots.
> err.. what do you mean by buildhost?
>
> one that all maintainers can use? or just personal?

Just for me personally to build on.  I want to generate binary packages
from the latest development sources, that can be installed in
/opt/csw/.  I'd make these nightly development packages available on
http://www.graphviz.org.

I do this now for rpms, and debs, and MacOS pkgs

> If personal, it should be as easy as just
> "install the packages you need. install suncc. go compile stuff"
> :)

What about gar scripts?   Just "pkg-get -i gar" ?

What about catalog support for a graphviz.org collection?